Bridging the Gap
• Work Placements – Termly
• Following on from our Pre-Internship pathway some of our students have the opportunity to progress on to our Bridging the Gap Pathway.
• This is a 1 Year Course
• 3 placements across the year based at either one of our host employer of Manchester Metropolitan University or Royal Oldham Hospital.
• Introduction to a variety of roles
• Gain real life work experience.
• Gain and build on skills, qualities and knowledge of working environments.
• Class base on both sites, as well as spending time at the Newbridge College working towards gaining Open Award Employability Qualification and relevant English and Maths.
The curriculum is delivered through mainly practical sessions whilst out on placement. The skills gained are then underpinned through knowledge learnt whilst in College.
Students to be given the opportunity to reflect and identify strengths and weaknesses in own and others performance. To create a positive environment which helps students to perform at a high level and develop their skills and understanding of real-life working environments, embedding this knowledge to progress to Future Finders.
To offer ‘bespoke’ placements to suit the interests and future realistic goals of the young people.